Sunday, January 6, 2019

Back in Africa!


As many of you know, a large part of my heart has been in Africa for the better part of a decade now.  My first trip was in 2007 to an AIDs orphanage just months after my dad passed away.  I then ended up spending about a year and a half there over the next 3 years. As much as my ministry was intended to serve them, I definitely walked away feeling more blessed and healed from the relationships I built with the staff and children.  

During my time there I was blessed by meeting two amazing friends of mine.  Jessica was an American volunteer with me and Elton was a local Namibian who had been working at the orphanage since it started.  Since then, the love arrow has struck, they've gotten married, and now have the startings of a small girl's soccer team.  Jessica and Elton are now stateside raising their family, but had a passionate vision to begin their own ministry in the same region.  They have now had the opportunity to bring that calling into fruition as executive directors of Sinanzi Sepo Project, Inc.

Sinanzi Sepo Project, Inc is a non-profit organization that serves the vulnerable people of the Musanga Area of Katima Mulilo through various agriculture and schooling projects.  More specifically, we have a large vegetable farm in which the food is distributed to orphans and the widows caring for them as well as a kindergarten provided free of charge to assist in preparing the kids for the government school system.  For the last 3 years my role has been working closely with Jessica & Elton to establish a Board of Directors, nonprofit status, and continue to serve as their Board Chair. 

We have now reached a size where mission teams are able to go and serve in various capacities.  In two short weeks, I will be joining a team comprised of Jessica, Elton, their girls, the vice-chair (Cassie), and representatives another church in vision for further involvement.  It will be a unique trip of small projects, assisting in logistical preparations for future mission teams, and furthering relationships with those who are the hands and feet of the ministry every day.  We will be there for 2 weeks from January 22nd-February 5th.


            To make all of this possible I first and foremost request your prayers for the ministry there and that I will be able to serve my role well in supporting the ministry.  By partnering with us in prayer you become a large part of all God does and will do there.  If you feel it on your heart to support me financially, you can mail your tax-deductible contribution made payable to ‘Sinanzi Sepo Project, Inc’ and my name in the memo line (message me for my address). Any extra funds raised will go directly into the ministry.

            I am very excited to have my mission travels lead me back to a place that still has a large piece of my heart.  You can find out more about the ministry at www.SinanziSepoProject.com.  I plan to be continuing this blog as best I can but will have very limited internet access in the village.  Thank you for praying & being a vital part of our team!!

1 comment: